Monday, January 21, 2019

Tips and Gift Ideas for a Safe and Fun Valentine's Day with Food Allergies



I feel like I am just catching my breath from the holidays….but it’s time to start thinking about Valentine’s Day!  One of the many things I have learned in my years as a food allergy coach and mom, planning ahead is key.  So, stuff those last holiday decorations away and join me as we prepare to Thrive On this Valentine’s Day! 

Party Prep

Most schools and day cares plan a Valentines party so get ahead of the curve and start conversations now about how to keep it safe.

  • Discuss food allergies with teachers and room parents so everyone is aware.
  • Offer to help in any way that you can- I always offered to bring snacks for parties when my girls were in preschool so that I could control the food.
  • Make a list of safe candies for parents- or highlight those that should not be brought into the classroom- check out snacksafely.com for their annual list of allergy friendly treats!
  • Offer fun non-food alternatives for the party and valentines – I love this bog post from My Gluten Free Kitchen with lots of fun and creative ideas.




Gifts that Cause the Right Kind of Reaction- Joy!


Often times allergy friendly treats require some time because they are being shipped from all over the country.  Here are few of my absolute favorite gifts to order now so they are here in time for your Valentine (plus some great deals!!):
  • Chocolate? Did someone say nut-free chocolate? If you are looking for nut-free chocolates Vermont Nut Free is the best! They have great Valentine’s Day themed gifts…and their chocolate tastes amazing!  Our fave: Skippers!!  And, here is a cool deal.  Vermont Nut Free has partnered with FAACT.  If you place your order by 2/27 and enter the code FAACT at checkout you will receive 10% off your order and a part of the proceeds from the sale will go to support FAACT!  
  • Kiss Freely has the cutest heart shaped lip glosses perfect for your Valentine.  We got these for my daughter a few years ago and she loves them!  
  • If sweet treats are your thing check out Annie Mays Sweet Café for a full array of baked goods- including their box of 12 rose cupcakes….how romantic….and safe as they are free of the top 8 allergens!  They have a full Valentine's Day Menu and if you order before February 1st you will get 10% off your order! 
Share your other stay-safe tips and great gift ideas in the comments below so we can call Thrive On this Valentine's Day! ❤



Need help living your best life with food allergies?  I can help you Thrive On! 
Learn more about me and my company, Thrive On Consulting, which provides food allergy coaching and training.  You can also follow me on Facebook for tips to Thrive On with food allergies.


Product Disclaimer:
Thrive On Consulting was not paid to promote these products.  Products mentioned here are provided as ideas and suggestions to help you Thrive On with food allergies.




No comments:

Post a Comment